According to the hollywoodreporter (a movie critic website) movie theater attendance has hit a 20 year low… You heard that right, this past year saw the lowest attendance figures in the last 20 years… And each proceeding year it gets lower and lower and lower. They’re dropping about 5-6% a year, which is about 37 million less tickets sold. That’s BIG!
But what about cable you ask?
Well, according to Nielsen ratings and shutterstock (an entertainment website) Cable TV viewing declined by more than a whopping 12% this past year. In fact, Viacom just had to take a $785M write-down for layoffs, due to cratering cable TV ratings. About $355 million of that write-down will go to cover the cost of deep staff cuts at the company’s MTV networks division. Another $430 million will go to the “abandonment” of select shows on Viacom cable networks that aren’t cutting the ratings mustard.
This is a great step in the right direction folks. A lot of people will attribute this to netflix and social media which plays a part, but a bigger part of the picture is that the programming is just straight up terrible, it’s not entertaining, and even the average person is starting to see though it for what it is. TV is nothing but mind control, a powerful psychological weapon used by our worst of enemies to destroy us. And for those of you still paying a cable bill… Can I ask you to please explain why you’re doing this? If you read on… I’ll explain why I refuse to do it!
Let’s start with the gay/transgender push with the likes Bruce Jenner and all the other sick shit they shove down our throats. You want to hand over your hard earned money to the perverts that push this shit on us, the same evil bastards that want to peddle it to our children in the public schools? Are you insane? Cut the cable!
Or what about the music that’s pushed on that tube. Do you really want your children being exposed to that filth? 90% of it is degenerate gangsta rap anyway. Why are you propping it up? It doesn’t advocate our message. It doesn’t advocate anything healthy or wholesome for that matter. Why do you still have it? Why do you want your kids to listen to it? Do you want a thug for a son? Do you want your daughter twerking for the neighborhood? Cut the cable!
Maybe it’s all the hard hitting news coverage you get, from a male perspective, with no censorship of what’s really important? Maybe you love all the cuckservatives on Fox News stroking you every night? Not to mention all the white liberals. After all, where would we be without all the White liberals and social Marxists out there? They contribute so much to our society, they put out such great commentary on a nightly basis that we can trust, identify with and rely on. Cut the cable you idiot!
Let’s not forget about all the great, witty comedy we get access to on that tube. My God, John Stewart for one is a comedic genius! Liberal humor is just so funny… It’s hysterical, I just love humor that isn’t edgy and humor that doesn’t discriminate. What about Saturday Night Live? How could I survive without that? I love humor that’s filled with lame anecdotes and Republican jokes… oh it’s so great, it’s so funny. Cut the cable idiot!
What about the great NBA and the NFL? How will I get my “sports” fix? Where will I get it from? The NBA is so exciting too, a game that’s stopped every :15 seconds by a whistle for a foul, a game that features no defense, a game that comes down to the last 2 minutes filled with whistles, sneaker squeaks, and foul stoppage every single night! The NFL is even better, a league filled with violent convicted felons, drug addicts, and other criminals that beat the piss out of women. Playing a feminized game with female commentators and sideline reporters that we need, to tell us about the difference between a 4-3 and a 3-4 defense. Cut the cable!
OR MAYBE IT’S THIS:
OR MAYBE IT’S THAT:
Cut the cable! Do it NOW!!!
HOW TO REPLACE CABLE & HOW TO OCCUPY YOUR TIME WITHOUT IT
*Get a simple internet package, or a phone/internet package deal, it’s cheap enough on a monthly basis. Get Netflix if it’s necessary, it’s 7.99 a month! Use DVDs if you’re into movies, most of them are really cheap now, you can get them for less than $5 bucks, a lot of them are .99 cents! You can also find classic wholesome disney films remastered on DVD for your children. I found a package of 164 classic disney DVDs for my son, that cost me $189 bucks. That’s $1.15 a film. Use internet downloads and YouTube, those are free. You don’t need cable!!!
And if you’re not watching, and need to occupy your time, here’s a list of 70 things to do:
1. Get a part time job
2. Create a website
3. Start a radio show
4. Do some activism
5. Clean your house
6. Do some home improvements
7. Cook a healthy meal
8. Do the laundry
9. Do a puzzle
10. Walk a few miles
11. Write a blog
12. Write down your goals
13. Go to the gym
14. Read a book
15. Listen to an audiobook
16. Listen to podcasts (especially PTD Radio)
17. Join an organization
18. Play a board game
19. Start making YouTube videos
20. Pack your stuff for the next day
21. Listen to music
22. Go to a concert
23. Go get some groceries
24. Take a power nap
25. Put gas in your car to avoid doing in the morning the next day
26. Update your resume
27. Take an MMA class
28. Go out on a date
29. Go through your junk drawers and throw out the shot you don’t use
30. Straighten out your closets
31. Watch a documentary to gain more knowledge on Youtube, Netflix, or a DVD.
32. Checkout the free section of Craigslist for things to pickup
33. Write in a journal
34. Master a new skill
35. Learn a trade
36. Do 100 body weight exercises push-ups, pull-ups, dips, planks
37. Brainstorm and research how to turn your favorite hobby into a business
38. Go to a museum or art gallery that doesn’t feature disgusting, ugly modern art.
39. Go to a farmers market
40. Go wine tasting
41. Go apple, berry, peach, or pumpkin picking
42. Clean out your fridge
43. Take your dog for a walk or teach them a new trick
44. Go learn a style of dance
45. Lay in the sun
46. Pot some plants and flowers, go out in the garden or build one if you don’t have one!
47. Mow your lawn and Weed your garden
48. Go Mow the grass of other peoples lawn for cash
49. Go swimming
50. Print out flyers of our message with website links and tack them to every community board in your neighborhood or put them on parked cars!
51. Draw or paint
52. Write a song
53. Clean out your garage
54. Clean out your shed
55. Get out on a nature walk
56. Go out on a challenging hike
57. Plan a yard or garage sale
58. Visit a family member
59. Frame your best photos
60. Look up conventions or trade shows coming to your area where you can network
61. Plan a dinner or an occasion party for your extended family
62. Think of where you want to be in 5 years and right down intentional steps on getting there
63. Create a budget or savings plan
64. Figure out how much money you’ll need for retirement
65. Write an e-book
66. Take a vacation with a friend or your family
67. Locate and follow blogs and forums on your interests… Like this one!
68. Comment on those blogs (like this one) then e-mail the blogger (like me) to make suggestions, ask questions, give feedback or spark conversation!
69. Meditate, learn how to relax and enjoy life, enjoy what you have, write down all the positive things about your life!
70. Sit and talk with your spouse, roommate, friend, or mentor a child