Michigan man ‘stabbed his five-year-old stepdaughter to death and set her body alight with vodka because she asked him for a snack’
- Thomas McClellan, 25, allegedly stabbed Luna Younger, 5, to death on Nov 1
- He snapped after she refused to leave his room until he gave her food, a cop said
- He then put blankets on her body and set them on fire with vodka, a court heard
- An autopsy said she died of at least five stab wounds before the fire
- McClellan could get life in prison on murder, child abuse and arson charges
A Michigan man sat on his five-year-old stepdaughter’s chest and stabbed her to death before setting her on fire because she kept asking him for food, a court heard Thursday.
Thomas McClellan, 25, of Holt, ‘snapped’ on Novemeber 1 when Luna Michelle Younger refused to leave his room until he gave her food, Detective Chuck Buckland said in a preliminary hearing in the 55th District Court in Mason.
McClellan is then alleged to have covered her body with sheets, poured vodka on it, and set it ablaze in the bedroom.
Young said he knew that the child was dead, but because her mom, Victoria McClellan, was there, he wanted to show ‘some effort’ from the crew.
Victoria, who is married to Thomas McClellan, said she was at work when her daughter was killed, and that she had argued with him prior to going to work.
She later convinced McClellan, who has no criminal history, to turn himself in to police.
McClellan is a graduate of Everett High School and worked at a restaurant in Lansing, WDTN reported.
He has been bound over on charges of murder, first-degree child abuse and first-degree arson.
If convicted he faces up to life in prison.